June 25, 2008

Paris Women, Redux

Paris Women, Redux: I am starting (well, not really starting, but continuing) to find all the women of Paris exquisite torture.  Every time I venture out of my apartment I know I will be tantalized, teased and tormented, without mercy.  It’s starting to get to me.  I might have to start spending more time inside as the weather continues to warm up.  Actually I am thinking of giving up on the whole “chercher la femme” stuff.  It’s too frustrating.

I saw the perfect bikini model (in French “mannequin”) walking back to my apartment this afternoon.  She was crossing in front of me as I made my way into the Boulangerie.  She was breathtaking … painfully lovely … about 25, 5’6”, long brown hair, curvy in all the right ways … and she even smiled shyly at me (perhaps she has some odd fetish for shy middle aged men?) … oh my … I tripped on the curb.  And then she was gone.  I will have to try to find her again. 

But why did I let her go?  And if I did find her again, what am I supposed to do?  Lob her over my shoulder and lug her home like some prehistoric Don Juan?  Or more likely, try to start a conversation with her? … “Alors!  Oh la la!  Vous êtes très jolie. Très … um … er … Vous voulez aller … er … coucher … non non …”   and then it would degenerate into grunts and unintentionally crude hand gestures.  A bit sad really. 

I always thought a well seasoned traveler always comes prepared.  Would one travel with a spare bikini model in one’s valise?

No comments: